RE: If I Was A Rich Man...

To: "'Lawrie Alexander'" <Lawrie@britcars.com>, Lonn Howard <hoops@owt.com>,
Subject: RE: If I Was A Rich Man...
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:12:10 -0500
> professional restoration - more if the body is rusty (as I
> would expect a
> Seattle-area car to be).

buying cars in the Northwest US is great. They don't allow salt on the
roads, so they don't rust, plus since it's cooler and rains more the
weatherstripping is in great shape. I lived in Portland for about 9 months
and the car culture is very alive there (unlike Austin, TX). You see a lot
of old daily drivers. While I was there, I bought a '75 MGB all original
with 52k miles on it. It still has all of the original weather-stripping,
etc. Any car more than 15 years old in Texas needs all of the rubber
replaced because it's just so dried out and rotted...

John S.