73B - Rebuilt Brake M/C-air leak somewhere

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 73B - Rebuilt Brake M/C-air leak somewhere
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 16:08:13 -0500
Well, I'm afraid the jury is in on MY cheapo, Advanced Auto brake M/C
rebuild...if not I am surely guilty of something.
I'm getting air on the front half of the system somewhere, and I suspect at
the M/C, since I haven't touched anything except the M/C. There's a
continous stream of air bubbles on the front brakes, with little pressure
until the piston hits the back system, which is solid and locks up the
rears. arghhh...
It's either the M/C or the chance that the little round seal didn't seat
well when I swapped the reservoir to the new m/c...which would be
operator-induced failure! The car stops fine on the rear braking only
now...guess I should have gone with my instincts to get a brand-new m/c! I
had to try, though. Good news is that my pressure warning light works! :)
The m/c is pushing fluid, but there's a leak somewhere on the front side. I
fear there is a parts order to be made this week, but I'm trying to save for
vacation!
This is getting frustrating... Anyone have a way of finding air leaks on the
system without removing the m/c before I just order a whole new one???
TIA
P.S. Ed -- don't say "I told ya so"..ok? haha ;)

Dan
73 B