3 on piston/camshaft damage???

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 3 on piston/camshaft damage???
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 20:18:38 -0700
After pulling the head on the BGT I noticed that the block has a 3
stamped beside each cylinder and the MOWOG pistons have a 3 cast into
them.  Am I correct in assuming that this means that they are bored out
30 thousandths?  I don't have a bore micrometer to check, but will rent
one in the next day or two.

Also, the camshaft has a chunk missing on the bearing surface of the
peak of the forwardmost lobe.  How in the world would that occur?

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."