Re: '77 MGB with Carb Problems - HELP

To: kerry3@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '77 MGB with Carb Problems - HELP
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 01:33:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/99 11:18:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kerry3@earthlink.net writes:

<< The problems I've developed are:  Bad misfire while warming up from
 cold; poor fuel economy (20 MPG); excessively rich mixture (black, sooty
 plugs); poor hot restart; idle falls to about 400 rpm when hot (fans
 on). >>
Oh Dear,
      If Brian Wingate is watching, i'll bet he has a smirk on his face!...My
1977 B with z-s exhibitted those exact same symptoms..Brian fixed it!..He
never told me what he did..His fix lasted over a year and then it suddenly
went back to it's old ways..What adjustment can slip suddenly and cause those
nasty habits..I don't know...But Brian does<g>
yours, H4(Howard)Ft.Collins, Co.