Brake Switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Switch
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber@home.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 06:56:49 -0500
Fellow MG Enthusiasts,

A problem with the brake lights on my 75 B.  Intermittent working.
Seems to be a grounding problem, but now it seems like the switch is
bad.  When I test the switch off the car with a multimeter, it looks
good - no resistance - lots of resistance.  When I hoook the switch back
up, it works initially, then gets hot, then quits working.  My grounding
problem clue is that when the switch energizes the brake lights, the
fuel pump slows down.  I guess I'd be foolish to buy a new switch before
sorting out the grounding problem, right ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Rick Huber

'75 MGB V8 Daily Driver (although  carefully without brake lights )