Saga of the obstinate M.G. (was "loud clicking")

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Saga of the obstinate M.G. (was "loud clicking")
From: Rick Sinclair <RHSinclair@USWest.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 19:20:24 -0700
Me again. Remember, the 14 year old with the '68 'B? Well, there
is another chapter in the MGB saga.
    Like some suggested, we took out the batteries, cleaned them,
changed the terminals, and put them back. We drained the gas tank and
put fresh gas in. We even fixed the hood so it would close all the
way. Then, filled with expectation and hope, we got in, buckled up,
and turned the key. And what noise greeted our ears? What joyful
purring filled the air with joy?.....
    Silence. total and complete silence. Not a click, not a pop, not a
purr. Silence. We turn on the lights, and they come on, slowly and
dimly. We put a charger on them, and wait. We will write back when
there is any development.