Re: NEWS FLASH - Dr. Doug falls off barstool (Yes LBC content)

To: Douglas Russell <RusselD@ahp.com>
Subject: Re: NEWS FLASH - Dr. Doug falls off barstool (Yes LBC content)
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:18:15 -0500

Douglas Russell wrote:
    Took the 69C out of hibernation and changed the oil and filter.  My
blacktop driveway has a big oil stain on it now because the canister (yes, all
Cs use a cannister filter setup like the early Bs - however, unlike the early
Bs, a spin on adapter is not available) seal did not seal.  If anyone knows the
trick to making the seal work right the first time PLEASE let me know.  It
always seems to take me a few tries and a few quarts to get it right.

Dr. Doug

Doug-
    If you have ascertained that the leak is not caused by the old rubber
gasket left up in the housing, thereby now having two gaskets, take the whole
mess off.  I ended up w/ this system on my Healey and it has saved a ton of
time over the years.  It is easier to check the gasket alignment while it is on
the bench than it is buried in a dark, damp place.
--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO