Transmission oil seal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission oil seal
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 13:35:52 -0400 (EDT)
What have I gotten myself into? I bought a new rear seal (Moss part #
121-120). Looking at the catalog, the Haynes and the Bently catalog there
is nothing other than the seal.When I pulled the rear flange off what I
saw looked nothing like the seal, it was metal with some type of felt in
it. Thinking this was just an old model seal I proceeded to rip it out.
Once out I found the same type seal that I had bought behind this
metal thing. It would appear the metal thing is necessary to hold the new
seal in. Does anyone know where I can get a new one or should a new one
have come with the seal. Thanks
...Art