Midget 1500 engine wanted

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget 1500 engine wanted
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 21:52:08 -0700
Fellow listers,

Now that we've punished ourselves enough with piscean humor, may I beg a
favor?

My company website received a request from a 17-year old lass in upstate
South Carolina who said her mechanic had described the engine in her 1975
Midget as being terminally non-rebuildable. Her parents are willing to put
up a reasonable amount of money to get her back on the road but she knows of
no sources in her part of the country for (a) mechanics who understand 1500
cc Midgets, (b) good used engines or (c) reliable suppliers of rebuilt
engines.

Here in NorCal, we have all three but it would be cost-prohibitive to ship
to SC. So, you denizens of the Atlantic coastal states, would you do this
young lady a favor and give her some leads to help get her car back on the
road. If one of you who is also on the Spridgets list would forward this
request there, that would be considered a favor, too.

The young lady's name is Christina Browne and she can be reached at
petiterouge@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center