RE: New MGB (fairly long)

To: MGRagtop@aol.com
Subject: RE: New MGB (fairly long)
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 17:17:55 -0600
An easy way to check for voltage leaks is to disconnect the negative
terminal on the battery, and use a test lamp.  Put one end of the lamp on
the negative cable and the other end on the negative post of the battery.
If the lamp lights you have something drawing current.  That's the easy
part.  Figuring out what it is, is a bit more complicated.   Systematically
removing fuses and unplugging circuits may help determine where the drain
is.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/

> Second, I think I may have a charging problem. I got a brand new battery
on Wed. and by Friday the car wouldn't turn over.   > After 1 hour on the
charger the car fired right up.  I may have inadvertently left something on
after the  initial ride on            > Wednesday. I disconnected the
battery for the weekend so we  could use the car on the weekend. I will
leave it connected      > for the next few days and see how it goes. The car
has been changed to neg. ground and has a new wiring harness, but