Re: Electric cooling fan conversion question

To: "Jason" <endangered_cars@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Electric cooling fan conversion question
From: "teds" <teds@accessone.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:12:08 -0700
I had one on my 77 b when I bought it. this design had 2 arms which required
holes drilled in the inner fender wells and these sort of passed across the
back of the radiator in a sort of crossed X fashion. this supported the fax
in between.

I took it off, in fact I'll sell it to you, because the supports, and the
placement of the holes looked pretty important , the fax was in fact getting
lowered over time and rubbing against the cardboard shield underneath the
radiator. (verdict = hokey). the po installed it I didn't. it was a lot
quieter, and yes it cooled the engine just fine. the adjustible electric
control that determined at what temperature the fan turned on is quite nice,
I use that in place of the original gizmo. I have no idea if they are all
this hokey looking/mounting.

Ted Stowe