Re: Starter

To: vscjohn@huntnet.net
Subject: Re: Starter
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:02:44 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/99 2:42:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vscjohn@huntnet.net writes:

<< Bill, be kind enough to tell us which starter, flywheel and backing plate
you
 used.  John >>

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

You need a Lucas starter with the solenoid on the top rather than the
side/bottom, and you can use it with the stock early flywheel and rear plate
from a 3 main B engine. I have the starter number somewhere in a file, if I
can ever find it.

Can anyone who is an electrical engineering type (or anyone else that knows)
tell us what the torque produced by the later pre-engaged starter vs. the
earlier style might be?  I'd love to know if my impression of more power is
correct or not.

Bill