Re: Head off -- any advice?

To: DENNIS COX <djc@appsig.com>
Subject: Re: Head off -- any advice?
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:14:29 -0400 (EDT)
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say throw out the Haynes, if it were a
Chiltons I would agree. You don't need to remove the carbs and this will
save you some time. Before putting on the new gasket spray it with
Permatex Copper spray gasket. It will help to seal it as well as spread
the heat. Check around to find a copper gasket. I think VB has them for
about $25 dollars. I was disapointed with one I got from Moss, it wasn't
copper. They had a copper one but as I recall it was almost $50 dollars.
...Art