Re: Whats going on with my clutch?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Whats going on with my clutch?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:15:19 -0700 (PDT) (Sat, 22 May 1999 00:15 UT)
> Any advice on what to do next? Any
<chance the air will work it's way out as I drive it?

  The clutch is much harder to bleed than the brakes, as there seems to
be a pocket of air trapped in the slave.  First, I recommend the
the E Z bleed.  Some of our other lists don't like it, but I swear by
it.  It's made bleeding the brakes and clutch a trivial task.
One hint to bleeding the clutch is to detach the slave from the clutch
housing, wire in the plunger so it doesn't pop out, and hold the slave
so that the bleed nipple is the highest point.  That way no bubbles
get trapped inside.
My other suggestion, as before, is to use the Gunnsen's E-Z bleed.
You can quickly bleed a pint of fluid through the system, flushing more
air and debris, and not relying on the function of the master, which
is happiest with backpressure, as you've found out.
*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*