Re: Rear Axle Secrets

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Secrets
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:00:40 -0700
Nina.........

It's time to make you own tool! Measure the size of the square hole in the
plug diagonally, then buy a bolt the shank of which is that diameter. Make
sure you get a bolt that has about 3/4" of smooth shank before the threads
start. Then grip the bolt head in a vise, hacksaw off the threaded portion
and file the shank into a tapered square shape that fits into the plug. With
this you can remove or replace the plug by inserting it in the plug and
turning it with a suitably sized wrench.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center