Re: removing drive/propeller shaft

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing drive/propeller shaft
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:19:33 -0400 (EDT)
>Hello -- I am about to move, and will be dragging my faithful B behind some
>large truck.  I have read several places that it is a good idea to remvoe the
>drive shaft, so I plan on doing that.  But before I do, I thought I would probe
>for wisdom.
>
>It looks like this is just a matter of removing 8 bolts, is that true?  Is
>there
>anything I should be aware of while doing it?
>
>Thanks very much
>
>Bart

You don't have to remove the front part of the shaft if you don't want to,
you can just remove the back and then tie it up (securely!) underneath the
car. BTW, you will receive a lot of advice saying "remove the shaft" or
"don't bother". It's an old argument, one which I have never taken a side
on. Remove it if only for your peace of mind, and so no gremlins put your
car in gear while at a rest area.

Nevin