Re: AVGAS to be phased out!

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AVGAS to be phased out!
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 09:41:28 +1000
If CAMS didn't define a generous timetable, it is likely that a shorter
timetable would be set by less sympathetic legislators. It is a matter of
seen to be taking care of it. At least we have a couple of years...

It was always just a matter of time before AVGAS dissappeared.

You can still use octane boosters like 104+, I've used it in my 12.5:1
race motor with pump super (on rallies). However, you will not be
allowed to use it in competition since the FIA rules specify pump fuel.
(i.e. no additives). The CAMS tech manager (Peter Lawrence) talked
at a club meeting in Feb where we discussed the AVGAS issue. He
has indicated that placegetters will have their fuel tested for compliance!

That next motor better be about 9.75:1 compression...

Mike