Re: British Car Week -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Car Week -Reply
From: Don Walton <dhw@pinehurst.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
The SO and I did a day trip to the Blowing Rock area in the 77B, I saw a CBB
parked on the street in Blowing Rock and a white Spit$%re in Winston- Salem.
I did have two kids in a badly worn BMW convertable pull up beside me and
yell" Hey, what kind of car is that?" I yelled MG, he nodded, and then we
turned onto the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I still don't think he knew what an MG
is.  I guess we all need to drive them more so we don't drift into
obscurity.  Anyway, it was a great day to be in an MG....  Don Walton in NC
waiting for Tanglewood.

t 11:11 AM 6/1/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I had a similar experience.  I drove from Billings to Estes Park and back
(1100 miles) and saw one LBC - a white RB MGB parked at a house just north
of Casper.  No Jaguars, no Range Rovers, no nothing but 3 Miatas.  One had
the top down and it was raining and cold (57F).