generator light, clutch growl

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: generator light, clutch growl
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 23:17:03 EDT
Hi there fellow scions,
I need some help with 2 minor problems:

1. The generator light on my 66 posy gnd B stays on. It doesn't happen all
the time, just once every 2 or three times in the car. I've also been driving
along happily at night when the lights dim slightly and the generator light
comes on.
The light is fairly dim, but stays the same relative brightness regardless of
the revs.
It does go out at 1000rpm only to return at 800rpm. Do I need a new voltage
regulator?

2. If I've been driving hard on a hot day with repeated clutch depressions ,
I get this growling  noise from underneath the transmission in the area if
the clutch.
Could it be the piston seal passing hydraulic fluid?.....cavitating?

TIA
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB RD GHN3L 78708
60 TR-3A TS 81398L