Trans fix on MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trans fix on MGA
From: Bill Edison <edison@matrix.newpaltz.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:00:10 -0400
Howdy,

      Looks like our '61 MGA trans must have a bent fork or bad detent
or something.  It won't fully engage 1st or 3rd gear, and usually pops
back out of
first as the clutch is engaged. It's as if the shifter can't be moved
far enough
forward to catch a detent. Finally resolved  to the fact that it has to
be
taken out and examined,  I noticed that it looks as if the transmission
tunnel is removable.  Does anyone know if removing the tunnel would give
access to most of the critical parts needed to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Edison.