Update in Albuquerque

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update in Albuquerque
From: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 18:08:53 -0700
Well, frustration abounds.

Thanks for the recommendations for the Taos Garage in ABQ.  When I
called on Tuesday they were just back from vacation and had a three week
backlog and couldn't fit me in.  So they referred me to HJB.  The
fabulous part of this is that Don & Carol did indeed have all the parts
I needed and HJB was able to take the car right away.

Unfortunately I picked up the car Wednesday morning and a mere two miles
later it broke down again.  This time the fuel pump.  (which was
supposedly fixed)

So this time I call Don & Carol at the Taos Garage and beg.  They agree
to take the car in and see what can be done.

Today I picked up the car and now it has a new problem.  Overheating.
So I guess tomorrow I call Don & Carol back and beg once again for them
to take it back once more.

At this point I've had the following done:

1.  New fuel pump
2.  New alternator
3.  New battery
4.  New exhaust system (this will be the 3rd according to my receipts)
5.  New air pump & assembly
6.  Valve adjustments

So... we'll see how much further my patience can be pushed and see if
she ever makes it home on her own or whether I break down and have her
shipped while I fly.

Eric, I'm starting to call her the "Beast" (or worse)... I need a pep
talk right about now.

:)

Jo
79 MGB LE