Re: Overdrive pump cam removal

To: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive pump cam removal
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:29:26 -0700
Lonn.........

Obviously, there are numerous preceding steps, such as "Disconnect the
battery, remove the engine and the gearbox, remove the overdrive from the
rear of the gearbox", etc. However, when you have actually reached the
overdrive pump cam, it really should just slide backwards along the shaft.
If yours won't move freely, apply some kind of longitudinal leveraged effort
in a rearward direction, or give it a gentle tap with a small hammer.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center