Re: Clutch hydraulics

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch hydraulics
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:41:00 -0700
Bud -

The question is, are you getting any clutch action? I blew out my clutch
m/c once 40 miles from home. The service station I wound up at said they
could replace it, so I just walked the rest of the way to work and took
the train home. When I picked up the car the next day, I was freaked out.
There didn't seem to be any resistance at all in the clutch pedal. But,
surprisingly, it worked, and I got used to it.

Anyway, the point of this long anecdote is, don't assume it doesn't work
just because the pedal isn't getting hard (like a brake pedal). Fire it
up and test it from time to time. Apparently, the smooth action of a new
one can come as a shock.

Just a suggestion...

Bud Krueger had this to say:

--