Re: '73 MGB - What Color to Paint the Block?

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '73 MGB - What Color to Paint the Block?
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:03:15 -0700
Maroon is the stock color, but I vote for glow-in-the-dark pink.  That's
what color I'm painting my wheel-wells based upon the majority rules
concept.

Actually, just last night (at oh-dark-thirty) I painted my engine block
gray with black covers to go with my red engine compartment, but it was
too boring.  Since I had a can of yellow high-temp for the fan, I
re-sprayed the block and head yellow.  Now my engine looks like some
sort of bumblebee thing.  It's so bright that I'll be able to work under
the bonnet with only moonlight to see by.  Could come in handy.  If my
headlamps fail I could just crack the bonnet a bit to warn oncoming
traffic.  Also, there will be no getting lost in the crowd at MG meets.

I think I shouldn't work so late...

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."