New Toy, Second Try

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Toy, Second Try
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 18:41:14 +0100
Hello All,

This brought no reponse first time so it may have gone missing...

I'm new to the list and in 3-4 weeks, will be taking delivery of my MGB.
This is a '72 GT in green, with Minilite copies, overdrive and an ST
spec., 118 bhp engine.

I know this car personally. It was bought by a friend of mine, for whom
I replaced the rear lower half wings and caried out numerous small
body/mechanical repairs. Unfortunately, this friend was more interested
in using polish than rustproofer. Another friend subsequently bought the
car as an MOT failure, repaired it and is now selling it back to me.
Can't wait.

The B is to be used as a daily driver, along with my '72 Triumph 2.5PI
Saloon(dry weather car.

I've taken part in 5 B restorations, including my own '68 GT, two
roadsters and a Bill Nicholson Racing Mk.1, which I rebuilt using a Mk.2
shell, so I can contribute to the list as well as learning from it.

Looking forward to hearing from like-minded enthusiasts,

Cheers,

David Hill