Re: Tool Box

To: "Carl French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool Box
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:02:19 -0400
I built a cardboard box that fits perfectly into the glovebox of my '73 GT
every tool (with the exception of a hammer, ball joint spreader, crank
pulley bolt socket, etc, etc) that I ever need to work on my car is in that box.

Standard items:
a phillips and flat screw drivers ( + - ) complete range of short and deep
throat sockets
and wrench, a 2" and a 6" socket extension, cresent wrench, set of box/open end
wrenches, assorted rubber piping caps, electricians and regular pliers,
electrical tape,
feeler gauges. and 2 or 3 caps that they include with silicone rubber when you
buy
a tube of it at a parts store. (these make great, multi-diameter hose plugs)

in the trunk: a spare of both radiator hoses, a fan belt, a points set (even
though I have
a Pertronix electronics ignition installed) one spark plug, a first aid kit,
can of fix-a-flat,
service manual, spare tire,...probably more.....
...in the end... in the last year I've put nearly 13K miles on the GT,
sometimes as much as
550 miles over a weekend cruise.... and have never used any of it while
traveling!

...that's what regular maintainance is all about

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape
1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab