Re: The British Flag

To: dberman@nortelnetworks.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The British Flag
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:56:29 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/99 10:23:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dberman@nortelnetworks.com writes:

<< I recently saw in a British car mag that someone had the British
 flag posted upside down. Well, to this Engineer, it appears as if
 the British flag is symetrical. ie, no up no down side.

 Can some one explain how I can identify if the British flag is
 waving properly? >>

If you look at the diagonal white with red stripes, the left end (staff end)
has white on the top and red on the bottom.  The right end (free end) has red
on top and white on the bottom.  If you attach the flag to the halyard upside
down, this will be reversed, with red on top, on the end closest to the staff.

Our flag is much easier to get right, but people still display it wrong!

Allen Hefner (Asst. Scoutmaster)
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport