Re: Block Colour

To: doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Block Colour
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 19:33:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/06/99 4:11:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

<< There you go talking about MGFs' again.

The last real MG was the B (some would say the TC, but I'm not that
reactionary). The F is a new-fangled non-traditional car usurping the (dead)
name of a better marque. But that's another discussion.

<<  Myself I'm getting
 attracted to single cam, 8 cylinder MGBs' >>

If the factory V8, then with some justification, but I don't favour the 3.5
litre engine for swaps. While it is light, it is also big and fairly low
output. Any number of modern high tech V6s are as light, more interesting,
and put out more power.

I had thought about doing another Fiero V6 for an A, but the only A I still
have to restore is a Twincam, and that would be lese majeste, and the cost of
building a motor the way I'd do it would be considerable, unless I settled
for a lower 200 bhp range instead of 300, which might in any case be a bit
much for the chassis and brakes.

Better to butcher a B, which are common and wouldn't be missed, rather than
an A, I think, in any case , unless the A is pretty well terminal anyway.

Then again, picture an MG Magnette with a 200 bhp engine and modern disc
brakes.....hmmm. Too few non-rusty Maggots left as well, though.

But enough of this musing - I have a Jensen to get ready to go to the A meet
(are you going, BTW?).

Bill