RE: MGB Oil Flex Line

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Oil Flex Line
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:20:28 -0700
>From my experience, the factory oil flex lines would seep at the fittings
after a couple of years on the car.  There was no such thing as a good used
one.

Luckily the lines are one of the repro parts that Moss got right, from the
beginning.  The teflon lined replacements seem to pretty much cure the
problem.  A case of the repro being better than the original.

Since working here I have seen only a few bad repro ones come back.  Usually
poor crimping jobs on the main fitting.  I have seen a couple of cases where
the nuts had no threads formed.  So far as I am aware there have been no
catastrophic failures of the factory, or aftermarket lines.  Typically they
just seep and accumulate dirt.

Kelvin.