Re: My manifold sucks

To: dpockrus@efficient.com
Subject: Re: My manifold sucks
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:13:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/99 8:28:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
dpockrus@efficient.com writes:

<< Yes, I've lived this one - in my case, it was caused by a stripped
 nut on an exhaust value adjuster that put enough back pressure in the intake
 to blow it out, along with all the intake gaskets. By a bit of happenstance
 that I still find unbelievable, the plug landed on the body seam inside the
 engine compartment. All I did was clean the plug up, turned it upside down
 on my vice and hit it with hammer(to expand the O.D. slightly), and hammered
 it back into the manifold using a 9/16" socket as a drift.

 Dan Pockrus
 '74B in faded Citron

Dan,

You were luckier than me. My plug is gone. Do you remember about how thick it
was? I assume it was a simple flat disc. Am I correct. I'm looking for a
better replacement than the 1-1/8" freeze plug.

Does anyone know how the plugs were fastened?

R. Johnson