It's Me!!!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's Me!!!
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@netdoor.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:19:34 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum, Your Attention Please:

I would like to announce my return to this list.  For those who don't know
or remember me, my name is Thomas Pokrefke.  I live in Hattiesburg,
Mississippi, USA.  My MGB is a 1970 roadster, bright red with black top.  At
one time, I painted the Union Jack on the boot lid, but South Mississippi
folk thought it was a rebel flag.  Rather than be branded a racist, I
returned the car to a monochromatic scheme.

As you may have guessed, I'm hardly a purist.  I love my MG, and love to
drive it.  If I must put a Japanese fuel pump on, then so be it.  Don't
defame me and I won't ridicule you for spending 10 times as much for a Lucas
"Guaranteed to Leave You Stranded".

Those who remember me mayhave noticed I dropped out of sight about the time
I acquired my Nissan Pathfinder.  The Nissan Pathfinder is up for sale, and
the MG is my primary vehicle once again.  This represents an attempt to
return to my automotive roots.  I am in the process of hauling an old Land
Rover home to become my next adventure vehicle.

Finally, to those who were annoyed to no end hearing about the sexual
conquests my car helped me make, you will be relieved to hear those days
have come to a bittersweet end.  I have settled down in my old age, and
instead of juggling women, I have settled down with one who loves me.

I look forward to meeting all the new people and re-acquainting myself with
my old friends (David Deutsch and Bob Allen excluded)

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@netdoor.com