RE: Unleaded head in 1974?

To: bburrows@webtv.net
Subject: RE: Unleaded head in 1974?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:00:12 -0700
Betty:

        Non of the MGs' had hardened valve seats installed from the factory.
The regular exhaust valves were also deemed suitable for unleaded use.

        Unfortunately given the poor maintenance most US cars received, the
seats and valves were only good for about 40,000 miles on unleaded fuel.

        Hardened seats and stellite valves can be retrofitted, and may
already have.  Chances are the B you are looking at has had some form of
head work already done, the question is, how much and what?

Kelvin.