MGB Windshield Fit

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Windshield Fit
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:23 -0400
The recent thread re. windshield assembly reminded me - it seems that early
and late B windshields have a different degree of curve.  Or, is it my
imagination?

I am using the same factory hardtop on my '66 as I used on the '80 I has a
couple of years ago.  On the '80, the curve of the top matched the curve of
the windshield.  On the '66, the windshield has a deeper curve.  In other
words, the sides of the top overhang the windshield, while the middle of the
top sits about 1/4" behind the leading edge of the windshield.

At one point I switched the complete windshields from one B to the other.
Each fit as well on one as on the other.  I didn't notice any difference in
fit, and switched them back to their original cars.  Now, I know that the
glass on the '66 is aftermarket as it's slightly tinted.  The '80 had the
original glass.

Anyone have any thoughts?

BTW, the gap doesn't cause any rain leaks since the seal is relatively new.

Curious Norm Sippel
'66 MGB (not exactly original)