Re: Tonneaux DIY Advice Needed

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Tonneaux DIY Advice Needed
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:41:10 -0700
I just saw a car with one of these installed. It looked like the zippers
from the back edges of the doors were extended to reach the roll bar
uprights, where there was a circular cutout (neatly hemmed). Yours may
not line up so neatly. The center zipper was extended back to reach the
roll bar center support, which was finished similarly. Thinking about it,
it might be easier to achieve this starting from scratch; that is, having
an auto upholstery shop make up a custom one. Otherwise, you're replacing
the zippers and doing all this cutting, stitching and hemming -- unless
you have a professional sewing machine, I don't know that it would be
worth it.

Chris Attias had this to say:

--

Max Heim