Re: Bleeding Brakes, 77B

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes, 77B
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 16:51:52 EDT
If I may add two items to Lawrie's post.
1. Soda bottles will work and you don't have to punch a hole in the lid.  If
you have some mechanics wire (or safety wire) make the loop out of that and
extra little loop to hold the hose.
2.  If you are by yourself by leaving a small amount of fluid in the bottom
of the bottle to cover the end of the hose you now have an effective one
person brake bleeder.  I have used just such a contraption for years and
years, even when I'm working with a power bleeder.  IMHO beats the heck out
of either spraying fluid everywhere, or using a hand vac pump. (I know some
people swear by them, I bought one and hated it)
Rick Ewald