missing oil gallery plug, please don't just delete

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: missing oil gallery plug, please don't just delete
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:12:20 -0700
Unless you are as clueless as I am, then you can feel free to delete...

Finally got my BGT engine back in the car and all buttoned up.  Started
it up and it ran like a top.  Unfortunately an oil gallery plug on the
manifold side is missing.  Don't know how I missed that while
reassembling everything. (dumb present owner)  It is in the middle of
the block, near the exhaust down pipes.  I need to know where to get a
new plug, or can I beat a plug of lead in the hole?  Is this a brass
plug?  It is accessible while still in the car, so all is not lost.  I
can't seem to find it listed in VB, Moss or TRF.  It's 1:15 AM now, so
I'm giving up and going to bed.

Very disappointed...
Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."