How to check trans

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How to check trans
From: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:50:32 PDT
Sorry about my last post, My fingers tripped on the curb.

My question is a simple one ...I hope. I have to pull the engine out of my
Midget and I want to check the trans. I know the seals are probably
gone...it hasn't been started since 88 but outside of a visual inspection,
is there a way to check the trans for it's working order? I need to speed my
rebuild a little due to a failure from my daily driver...<--Not worth the
repair cost. I cannot go throught the gear selections with the shifter due
to a broken shifter yoke. I trying to determine if I should just get a used
or rebuilt trans as well.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/criticism. :o))

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.