Vickybrit Attitude

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vickybrit Attitude
From: Jurgen Hartwig <turbo6bar@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:12:09 PDT
Couple of comments about badmouthing vendors:

1) It is my expectation that vendors should provide a highly competent
service with satisfactory products.  If I don't like a company, then I'm
gonna open my mouth and bitch.  Otherwise, how do they realize the problem
and how can they possibly be expected to remedy the situation?

2) I'm guilty of slamming Moss every now and then.  My few thousand dollars
sent to them resulted in exceptional service.  Never a problem.  The quality
of some of the products is not quite up to my expectations.

3) I fully endorse Moss and my local mechanic.  Brit Tek was competent and
had a good selection.  Towery seemed to have a good selection, but his V8
conversion video is amatuerish and i have yet to get the gumption to buy
from him.  T&S sounds good.  I like them, and they have a great selection of
V8 parts, but I'm a cheap slug, so I haven't bought much from them.

4) Why am I such a sourpuss?  I EXPECT good service.  It should NOT be asked
for or demanded, but rather EXPECTED.  If the vendor provides good service
and parts, I reward them with more purchase, i.e. multiple purchases with
moss.

I got good response to the MGB parts we are selling.  Thanks to all.

Yesterday my brother and I had to take our Rover V8 block to our machinist
to have cam bearings replaced.  It seems a dumbarse mechanic ( not our
usuall machinist ) had pressed them in and did not align the oil holes with
the oil galleys. Now that is crappy service and he deserves to only work on
cars with Lucas electrics. :)

Take care all and thanks for putting up with my drivel.

Jay