Trip

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trip
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:46:38 +1000
Hi all,

Well with great trepidation I'm about to set out on a small trip to Canberra
in the MGA. I normally don't go much further than 100km in a single trip,
but I do drive her three-four times a week. This trip will be around 600km
over 2 days. I've been driving her quite a bit recently (my Mazda has DIED),
but last night I ran into a strange problem. The car started making an awful
zinging noise at anything above 3000rpm. Like metal on metal. Anyway I
stopped, worked out it was the motor, not driveline etc, revved it a bit and
it sounded like it was coming from the fan. Hmmm, I made it home driving
really slowly, difficult on a 100kph motorway!! It seems the dynamo moved
down a bit and the fanbelt had got quite loose. I had been noticing an
unusual sound around 2500rpm-3000rpm. I had thought this was mild pinging
but it didn't sound quite right to be that. Anyway I tightened it up this
morning and no problems after that. Never knew a loose fanbelt could make
that sort of sound!

So anyway if you see a White MGA in Canberra Saturday and Sunday be sure to
wave! I'm off to see the New Zealand A Rugby Team play the ACT Brumbies...
If I can't see the All Blacks play this year, this is the second best!!!
Thank god it's the Rugby season thats all I can say, the rest of the year is
just plain misery!. lol! (Only a another Kiwi could understand that
statement <G>)

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
1970 MG B GT        / 1961 MG A 1600 Mk1 / 1956 AH 100 BN2