"A" is for .... going roaming again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: "A" is for .... going roaming again
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:19:23
Well gang,

The wanderlust is kicking in again (as usual).  This weekend the MGA with
an attitude will be doing the London to Brighton Run in Indiana on
Saturday, an SCCA autocross at Milwaukee County Stadium on Sunday, and a
club BBQ and pool party on Monday.  Just a typical summmer weekend.  Most
other weekends throughout the summer are simmilarly booked.

Then a couple of weeks later things really get hopping, and MG and the Bend
is looking better every day.  Grand Bend, Ontario, is just a day trip up
the road (only a little over 400 miles) and the NAMGAR regional GT there is
tucked nicely between a couple of weekends, so I can fit it in without
missing any of my other scheduled fun.

July 17 & 18 I will be autocrossing at Vermillion County Airport in
Danville, Illinois, and likely camping over at Kickapoo State Park.  Got a
Chicagoland MG Club meeting on the 19th, wouldn't want to miss that.  Then
I will be hitting the road on the 20th with a stopover in Farmington Hills,
Michigan, in the evening with some other MG nuts MG at the Bend for the
21st and 22nd.  There I will be camping two nights at Pinery Provincial
Park on the south side of Grand Bend while doing the regional GT by day
(and half the night of course).

And just to keep things moving, I expect to depart Pinery early on the
23rd, heading back through Michigan and Illinois and up into southern
Wisconsin by early evening.  A couple dozen members of the Chicagoland MG
Club will be camping near Road America, primarily enjoying the classic and
vintage cars racing there on that weekend.  There will be Friday night
celebration in the town of Elkhart Lake, followed by the campfire and more
late night socializing.

Saturday the 24th will be warm-ups and qualifying for the race cars,
followed by a police escort into town in the early evening for many of the
race cars to attend a concourse car show in the city streets.  Of course
that would be followed by more campfire and socializing back at the
campground.

Sunday the 25th wil be the official racing events, taking up most of the
day.  If you haven't seen the classics run, you haven't lived.  Those all
powerful CanAm cars will be there again, along with all of your favorite
LBC racers and loads of other classic speed hungry ego boosters.  If you
can possibly make this event, by all means do!  And the late night trip
home under the (neary) full moon should be a nice way to top off nine days
on the road.

Anyone else wanna play?

barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude