Help:repair Stromberg-Zenith carb

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help:repair Stromberg-Zenith carb
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 19:13:41 EDT
Hi all, Happy 4th to the Americans on the list.

My Stromberg-Zenith carb on a 76B is drinking the damping oil like there is
no tomorrow. A refill is needed every 50 miles or less.
I had requested help on this problem and was told a bit ago that the o-ring
needs replacement. Fine.
   Is it the o-ring associated with the float chamber plug? If so, does the
plug just yank out. It certainly does not screw out. If it yanks, can it be
done without removing the carb totally? Maybe I was too gentle.

If it is not that o-ring, which is it? ...I am looking at Haynes p.83 which is
the
same diagram as in Bentley  and I can see only that o-ring.

Otherwise, she runs well with all the burps and pings I have come to expect.
TIA,
Bill ('76B)