Spark plugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spark plugs
From: Nazarian James H <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:18:33 -0600 (MDT)
For anyone who might be interested I am running Bosch 4 electrode plugs
from an '88 VW Cabriolet in my '71 B and they give me more power and
better performance than any other plug I have ever tried, and they oly
cost a couple bucks each.  I stumbled across them while I was tuning it
for a race a couple of months ago.  I was running SplitFire and I had no
torque and poor acceleration, I couldn't seen to tune it up and my buddy
Eric was tuning his '80 VW Scirocco and had a spare set of plugs for his
'88 Cabrio motor, they fit right so I threw them in and I got better
performance then ever.  It's not a temp. fix either because last month I
drove the car from Boulder, Co to Cleveland, Oh nonstop ant 4500 rpm (non
overdrive) and they performed beautifully.  Just thought I'd share this
random tidbit, because I'd never of looked to VW for performance plugs.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT undergoing V8 conversion for autocrossing