ZS Carb idle? (try again)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ZS Carb idle? (try again)
From: Cathy Morris <cathy.morris@cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:42:13 -0600
This is probably a basic (stupid :) question for you knowledgeable MG Pros
- but I can't find an answer in my manual or the List Archives.  Last week
the B (80 LE) started running very rough, also hard to start, belching
black smoke, and I found black velvety coated plugs.  Checked and cleaned
up the usual - timing, air filter, oil changed and filter, plugs changed,
etc.  I found that the carb (Zenith) damper retaining clip was not in
place.   Re-attached it and now I have (gulp) an idle speed of 4000.  The
throttle cable is fine.  What on earth did I do and how can I fix my mess?

Cheers,

Cathy Morris
80 MGB LE

cathy.morris@cwix.com