Re: Blaze vs. Tulip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blaze vs. Tulip
From: "Eric Kutzli" <ekutzli@netins.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:12:00 -0500
BRG... Tundra... You call that GREEN? My 74 was originally Citron. I debated
a while, it is an "Austin Powers" kind of color and it really stands out
when they paint rescue trucks and fire equipment that sickly shade of
greenish yellow, but I saw a Dodge Neon that was painted that color and it
helped remind me of how that green really looked. Now I have seen some new
beetles that are a similar kind of green and have not regretted changeing. I
was doing my own body work and have seen attempts by others with various
colors, I finally decided that Glacier white would hide a multitude of sins.
After I gave the paint codes to a local paint man who was going to apply it
and he had mixed the paint, he said that the metal work was good enough I
could have painted it dark,  Rats... But I have a black pickup truck that is
dirty again before I get the wash bucket put away. White looks clean a lot
longer! (I did leave a spot under the dash the original color just to remind
me every time I get under there what it used to be)

Eric K.
"Maggie" 1974 MGB . . Glacier White