how many cars do I have?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: how many cars do I have?
From: Drew Stieber <dstieber@PACCAR.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:18:43 -0700
I dont have as many vehicles as some on this list but I do have more than a
mere mortal would have.  I have a 66 BSA motorcycle (made in England for
thost that dont know), 82 Yamaha in case the BSA gets one of the many Lucas
Gremlins, a 68 MGB and a 98 GMC Pick up because I do have an ounce of
sanity.  I have no significant other so I should own more but dont.  I dont
like having more stuff than I can reasonably use, and I dont want to become
a museum.  Although I am looking for an MGA and another BSA....just not real
hard....

Oldest/ youngest MG owners.  I am neither at the moment as I am currently 28
but I have owned 3 MGs in my life, and my fist car was a 1970 MGB (split
bumper) I bought when I was 17.  The longest I have gone without owning an
MG is a year and a half...it was rough....even rougher when you know that I
do not come from a "car" family.  My parents thought I was nuts when I
bought my first MG, as no one in my family had ever really worked on cars.

Steering wheel removal on 77B:  DO NOT USE AN OPEN TORCH TO HEAT IT.  The
rubber will melt...ask me how I know....The pulling at 9:00 and pushing at
3:00 almost always works.  DO NOT BE GENTLE.  BE ANGRY AT IT.  It will pop
off.   If it really wont go, take out the column and drift it out in a vice
and such. The suggestion of sitting in the car and using your knees to pull
out on the wheel while you tap the nut sounds good too (tap the nut..not the
naked threads).

Later,

Drew