Re: '76B Brake Servo again + DOT 5 question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '76B Brake Servo again + DOT 5 question
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:20:31 -0400
>From: JustBrits@aol.com
>
>In a message dated 7/12/99 9:29:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
>bachldrs@swva.net writes:
>
><< Methinks DOT 5 is the culprit >>
>
>YEP, Allen.  Attacks the rubber.
>
>Ed

Ed -

Thanks for the confirmation.  Confess I've already started to flush the DOT
5 out of the system with new DOT 4.  Is that what you would do?  Just found
out I can get rebuilt "loaded" calipers (including new pads and retainer
clips) from Advance Auto with OE pistons for $35.99 each.  At that it
hardly seems worthwhile to rebuild the old ones.

Any advice or experience with these?

TIA... again,

Allen

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<