Re: SILVER

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: SILVER
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:22:40 -0700 (PDT) (20:22 UT)
><Actually, I'm considering painting it a non-OE silver.>

 Do it!! I did and I get more compliments about the paint than the car. If I
 ever get around to it I will put it on Skye's web site for all the purists
 to growl at! The color I used was from an '85 dodge truck, radiant metallic
 silver. Always liked silver and couldn't have chosen a better one. It looks
>great with the chrome bumpers.

 I had Tintin painted silver for many years, because my dad's TC was silver.
 I had to have it repainted after two years, and then the paint lasted
 another five.  Make sure you have plenty of clearcoat over the top.
 Silver oxidizes incredibly fast!   Tintin is back to the original BRG,
 and now my dad's TC is, too!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*