good people

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: good people
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:17:20 -0500
Some of you will recognize that i occasionally can contribute to the
list on technical subjects, moreso on the TR8 list.  I want to relate a
recent experience that has left me feeling very good about people on the
list.  Three months ago I bid on an item on eBay, paid for it, and the
seller never shipped it.  About two months later i mentioned the problem
on the list and a lister who I did not know offered to help.  He ended
up going to the guy's house after chasing him by phone several times,
prying the item from him and shipping it to me.  I have since learned
that he is about 23, less than half my age.  thanks, Michael.  People
who do nice things just because they want to are very special people.
I've owned an LBC since age 16 and am very glad to see that good people
are still attracted to them.  This list is worth its weight in D Jags.
John Roper