Concourse Norwegian MGB GT...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Concourse Norwegian MGB GT...
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:33:46 +0200
Just joking.
I have found out a lot of things about the car, and done some work. Here is
some of it:
(Also strange question at the end)
I thought the carpets where a little damp. Removed them, saw some ru.. (
sorry, cannot even write it). Then I scraped off all the old and new damping
material from the floor. Ru... holes. The Dpo was there luckily, and saw my
face when I found all the rust ( There !). He agreed to pay for the repair.
Tears ( almost) works!!!!. I have been in contact with someone who is very
experienced ( I think) I took a look at a Jag xk 120 he is working on, and
that looked very impressing. The easiest will be to weld in new pieces. He
assured me that it will be just as good, and quicker than two complete
floors.

I was told that my waterpump was noisy, so I bought a new one. Quite a job.
Radiator out, plus of course a expected leakage from the hoseclamp I forgot
to tighten. Now I realize how noisy the pump was. The original fan is REALLY
heavy btw, a new Kenlow  fan... Hm..

Seats are wery worn. New diaphragm, bottom and back cushion are ordered, for
both seats. The problem may be, that the upgaded seats may put me to high,
so my head hits the ceiling. I am tall, with a loong back ( or short legs if
you like, or 'the pavement is installed very close to your a.., sir') Not
very good translated, but i have got comments.

 I have also ordered inertia seat belts. I have, and use !!!!!, the original
static ones. I do not know how many times I have closed the door, ( read
slammed, since I have to use some force to close it), only to find the
seat-belt between the door and the sill. The rear lower part of the door is
now actually sticking out from the body. But I feel safer much with the seat
belt on. Safety fast ?

The car has become much more noisy, partly because I have removed the sound
dampening material and carpets , but also because I have got the tachometer
to work! . I found out that I used to shift at around 3500 RPM.Then the
engine started to get noisy. Now I tend to rev it more, with more noise as a
result.

This was just some ( hopefully) intresting remarks, between the battle with
customers.

Jon Arikstad
1970 MGB GT

And...
Some of my friends, and I, are facinated by watches. I am mostly intrested
in mechanical wrist watches. I have a small collection, very few Rolexes or
Patek Philippes :-), but some Omega IWc, and so on. Here is the question:

What kind of wristwatch , from that time, should I use, with my 1970 MGB ?