Subject: 79 MGB Maintenance?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: 79 MGB Maintenance?
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:06:07 EDT
Get a good (Haynes, Bentley) shop manual, and also the Moss Motors catalog.
This way you'll have the whole list... lubrication is more than just oil and
brake fluid. (grease fittings, trans, rear end, cables, etc...)
There has also been a lot of threads on this subject on the list, check the
list archives for more discussion you ever wanted to hear on the subject.
My .02c contribution... don't make the mistake of running fluids intended for
modern vehicles... for example these cars like 20w50 oil, not the
tight-clearance 5w30 you may find in  a new car.
RTFM is the best advice
(for those of you who don't know this one... it's " Read The Freaking Manual")

From: "Todd & Deb Tweedy" <lulusam2@sparc.isl.net>
I just picked up a 79 B LE with 29K.  It has been sitting for about 2 years
and needed a home.  I am curious to what different fluids (Oil etc.) it
requires, since there was no manual with it.